Hemp rope is usually divided into sisal rope (also called manila rope) and jute rope.
Sisal rope is made of long sisal fiber, which has the characteristics of strong tensile force, acid and alkali resistance, and severe cold resistance. It can be used for mining, bundling, lifting, and handicraft production. Sisal ropes are also widely used as packing ropes and all kinds of agricultural, livestock, industrial, and commercial ropes.
Jute rope is used in many situations because it has the advantages of wear resistance, corrosion resistance, and rain resistance, and is convenient to use. It is widely used in packaging, bundling, tying, gardening, greenhouses, pastures, bonsai, shopping malls, and supermarkets, etc. The tension of jute rope is not as high as that of sisal rope, but the surface is uniform and soft, and it has good wear resistance and corrosion resistance. Jute rope is divided into single strand and multi-strand. The fineness of the hemp rope can be processed according to customer requirements, and the twisting force can be adjusted.
The conventional diameter of hemp rope is 0.5mm-60mm. High-quality hemp rope is bright in color, with better gloss and a three-dimensional effect. High-quality hemp rope is bright in color at first glance, less fluffy at second, and moderately soft and hard in workmanship at third.
Precautions for using hemp rope:
1. Hemp rope is only suitable for setting lifting tools and moving and lifting light tools, and shall not be used in mechanically driven lifting equipment.
2. The hemp rope shall not be continuously twisted in one direction to avoid loosening or over-twisting.
3. When using the hemp rope, it is strictly forbidden to come into direct contact with sharp objects. If it is unavoidable, it should be covered with a protective fabric.
4. When the hemp rope is used as a running rope, the safety factor shall not be less than 10; when used as a rope buckle, the safety factor shall not be less than 12.
5. The hemp rope shall not be in contact with corrosive media such as acid and alkali.
6. The hemp rope should be stored in a ventilated and dry place, and should not be exposed to heat or moisture.
7. The hemp rope should be checked carefully before use. If the local damage and local corrosion are serious, the damaged part can be cut off and used for plugging.
Post time: Jan-09-2023